Skip to main content

Baby Crib

When I came home today, I was so excited to see the crib Sam had finished and had set up in the nursery. He has been working on it for a few weeks now. We designed it together, and it turned out way better that I had even imagined! It is made out of rustic cherry. You can also see in the picture the walls Sam painted pin-striped light and darker green. Then he put up molding around the top of the stripes.We're getting there. Sam has put so much time into everything. He is making a dresser/changing stand next. It is all coming together. We are getting so excited. As I have had a couple of friends say, "You spend months getting the nursery ready, you bring the baby home and put him in it, then you just look at him. And you think, now what do I do with him?! :)" Yeah, that will probaby be me.















You can see the darling baby quilt my mom made. There is a close up of it below. Someday I'll learn how to quilt, and maybe I can make the one for our next kid. She made me a bigger one as well that we are hanging on our wall. It is so beautiful! Thanks Mom.

Comments

mindee said…
Hey, nice job on the crib!! It looks fantastic! I like the green idea on the walls.....and the lines are even straight. A hard thing to do. ha ha
Wow, that's so great he can make all your furniture, no cheap crap in your house! It's beautiful. Congrats on the coming little one.
MarshandKrissy said…
Sam can I pay you to make our crib when that day comes? I miss being so close to the Ogden boys and the wood work! That crib is beautiful! No seriously-how much are we talking for your "lil sis". I love the quilt and Kristol I'm right there with you--"some day I'll learn to quilt!" I'm seriously so excited for you!!!
Ami Seamons said…
Holy Cow Kristol- we are due like within days of each other. I found out I was pregnant the week before halloween! we are also having a boy!! that is so funny!
I am impressed you already have a crib and blankets...we have barely even looked at cribs and I only have 2 1/2 mons left.
Congrats!!! isn't it so fun!!
Nicholas said…
I love it. Such a cute nursery.
Shanna said…
It is beautiful. BUt you definatly want it up higher when the baby is tiny
It turned out so cute, I should start thinking about getting a few things set up.
Kolbi Young said…
The room looks great!!! I am so impressed with Sam's skills :) And I've always known it, but you have one talented mother!!!
Wow that is so beautiful! I still want him to build us a kitchen table someday... when I have some good money. :) I love the quilts, too! It gives me some ideas! I miss you, babe... I'm gonna call you tomorrow.
Andrea G. said…
I am amazed! It is beautiful! Major props to Sam. What a lucky baby to have such talented parents and a special crib made just for him!!