Skip to main content

Bear Lake Camping Trip

Sam at our first campsite overlooking Bear Lake





Our second campsite. Mariah, Ben, and Sam cooking pancakes.

After 4-wheeling one morning, we came back to find a baby moose in our campsite. It came back that night and hung out the whole evening just to the side of our campsite by a creek. It was still there when we went to bed. Talk about tame animals.















Sam and Ben at the beach. No they don' t have shirts on.



We ate Old Ephriams Pizza down in Garden City one evening. We were able to finish this 28" pizza, but it took us 3 days.


















Sam getting a little air, and a little dust.










Mariah and Ben


Sam and Kristol


The last night we got rained out and had to go to the cabin. But not before Mariah and I started the fire and cooked dutch oven pizza during a downpour. The boys had had enough rain, but were nice enough to grate the cheese.

Comments

Mistie said…
I thought it was kind of those boys to grate your cheese for you.
Kolbi Young said…
I love the picture of the boys on the beach.....that is classic!!! In fact, I remember you telling me several years ago that Sam didn't like to take his shirt off, even at the beach. Well now you have proof!

I'm glad you guys had fun, even in the crazy weather....It was great seeing you again. We really do need to get together ;)
Jenny Ricks said…
The pictures of that pizza are making me hungry! Looks like you guys had a good time. Sean and I keep talking about how we want to have you guys over or hang out sometime soon-- things need to slow down! Oh and I still need that pie crust recipe. I am not kidding when I say I have told pretty much everyone about that blackberry pie!
Nicholas said…
love the farmer tans!
Ami Seamons said…
Don't you just love Bear Lake...Some people just don't appreciate how much fun that place is!!

I am glad that Sam didn't get killed rolling his machine!
Andrea G. said…
Soooo jealous! It looks like a blast. This is the perfect time to go camping too. Little Jonas wouldn't do so hot with that though. Maybe next year. Hey maybe we could even go camping together next year! :)
Karissa said…
HEY guys!!! How in the heck are you? Em just told me you had a blog after all this time! ;-)
MarshandKrissy said…
HEY guys!!! How in the heck are you? Em just told me you had a blog after all this time! ;-)
Becky said…
Hey Sam and Kristol, we're now back in Twin. We got in yesterday and we're exhausted! Anyway, will you be in town for any of the holidays? We'd love to catch up with you!
Pratt Family said…
Hello Kristol!!! This is Cammie Fernsten (college roomie!!). How are you doing? It's sure fun to see all the fun you've had this past year. You both seem to keep really busy. So, are you still living in Utah county? How's work going?

I'm living in Alaska now, while my hubby works in a dental office in Wasilla for a couple of years. Hey, I've been doing the blogging thing as well...not the best at keeping it up to date but I try....here's my blog....alaskapratts.blogspot.com. Hope you are doing well. Talk with ya soon hopefully.
Becca said…
Okay, It's time to come out of the closet now and start blogging again. I KNOW you have something to blog about...don't you?